Sunday

For HIS Glory: HE Will Build You Up to Show You Off

Genesis 14, Abram Rescues Lot

In this passage, several kings were warring back and forth, and Lot, Abram's nephew, got caught up in the crossfire and was captured. Abram was notified and rounded up the men of his household and went to get Lot.

Then I got to verse seventeen, which said "After Abram returned from defeating Kedorlaomer and the kings allied with him..." and I had to pause. I thought, these FIVE kings mentioned in verse eight, with their armies, couldn't defeat Kedorlaomer, but Abram could and did. Wow! I actually did a double take, to make sure I read that correctly. How can this be?

Obviously, God's supernatural intervention happened. But, that was not what really struck me. What struck me was the end of the chapter. At the end of the chapter, the kings, including the ever-mysterious Melchizedek blessed and honored Abram. Yet, Abram gave the honor to whom it was really due, God.

So what does this mean for me? What I am seeing in this passage, is that, God wants to bless and elevate us, but we must humbly accept the fact that ALL blessings come from Him. When we can truly be grateful, and truly have the heart for giving Glory to God, I feel like...Watch Out for the falling blessings!


--SaucySister

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are encouraged to discuss your responses to the topic.

However unauthorized solicitations (SPAM) will not be posted.