Saturday

Today's Proverbs (Proverbs 24)

Here are some verses that stuck out to me today, enjoy!


1 Do not envy wicked men, do not desire their company;
2 for their hearts plot violence, and their lips talk about making trouble.


Verse 1 to 2: To me these two verses have a lot to do with fitting in with the “In-Crowd.” The people we think are cool because the things they have and the things they are able to do. When I was in middle and high school, I wanted at one time to hang with the “In-Crowd,” the same folks that had jumped me in the sixth grade. I thought their lives were so much more interesting than mine. They wore the latest gear and they were able to go to all the parties and the seemed liked they were really having fun. But their MO was to treat others badly. Later having an adult conversation with one of the girl who fought me, she really wanted what I had… she wanted loving and caring parents. Think about that, it is the simple (or we think they are simple) things in life that are the most important. People who are living wrong and looking good are acting out for what they are lacking; and that is a love for God.


3 By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established;
4 through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.
5 A wise man has great power, and a man of knowledge increases strength;
6 for waging war you need guidance, and for victory many advisers.
7 Wisdom is too high for a fool; in the assembly at the gate he has nothing to say.


Verses 3-7 are really deep to me. I have not made many wise decisions in my life. I have been praying for a while Lord give me wisdom before I ever attempted to read the Word. It is funny, because God has given us the bible with all the answers to our concerns. If had read and been prepared I could have dealt with my struggles much better in the past. That is why it is important for us mothers to get our children wrapped in the word early on and let them see God’s work through us.

11 Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter.
12 If you say, "But we knew nothing about this," does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay each person according to what he has done?


Verse 11-12: How in the world can we call ourselves Christians, if we cannot help another one of God’s creations? We have to help each and prayer for each other. This is not a one man’s show, if it were why are all these other folks here? Love is so real and so deep we cannot even understand it fully. All of us think we know how to love, but how about God’s love. There is not one person on this earth that can understand and actually love like that. It would kill us mere humans to love like God loves. Christ was the only human that could understand it. So we call ourselves Christians, we know what we can do and we know what we cannot do. If we see something wrong, we can try/pray to make it right.

17 Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do not let your heart rejoice,
18 or the LORD will see and disapprove and turn his wrath away from him.
19 Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of the wicked,
20 for the evil man has no future hope, and the lamp of the wicked will be snuffed out.
21 Fear the LORD and the king, my son, and do not join with the rebellious,
22 for those two will send sudden destruction upon them, and who knows what calamities they can bring? Further Sayings of the Wise

29 Do not say, "I'll do to him as he has done to me; I'll pay that man back for what he did."

Verse 17 to 22 and verse 29: We have no rights to seek revenge. And we should not ever be happy when someone else is suffering, because none of us is above sin. If we were perfect I suppose we could judge. But we are not, what if every time we did something wrong we were punished. You know were you have been but you don’t know where you are going on this earth (we have all heard this at some point in our lives). Be humble always and care about people as you would want them to care about you. No matter what has happened between you and that person. I know you all are probably like, easier said than done, but I am telling you it can be done. I did it, and I could be, in the past and it is still something I pray to God about, the meanest and vindictive person you ever want to know. If you hit me you knew I was going to hit you back, for real. But I had to humble myself and now, I do not look for revenge. When I feel I have been wronged I pray to God about it. And I cannot explain how He takes the anger way. But He has, and I feel much better.

30 I went past the field of the sluggard, past the vineyard of the man who lacks judgment;
31 thorns had come up everywhere, the ground was covered with weeds, and the stone wall was in ruins.
32 I applied my heart to what I observed and learned a lesson from what I saw:
33 A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest-
34 and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man.


Verses 30 to 34: I read I book by Joyce Meyer called The Confident Woman (Great book I recommend any and everyone to read it), and she says (my version) you do what you can and God will handle the rest. Don’t be lazy and do nothing or you are going to in up with nothing. Get up and do something and God will make everything else fall in place. God takes care of his children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are encouraged to discuss your responses to the topic.

However unauthorized solicitations (SPAM) will not be posted.