Saturday

New Focus for DivasoftheDivine.com

Divas,

As some of you have no doubt noticed, we are moving into a new direction with Divas of The Divine. Actually, we will be doing the same things; encouraging you with God's Word, praying with you and for you and sharing our personal faith experiences.

For some time, however, God has burdened my spirit to become more serious in my study of His Word, for 2 Timothy 2:15 says, "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth." I have since enrolled in an online bible college and have been reading through the Bible with much more interest and understanding than ever before in my life.

Then, earlier this week, God dropped another Word into my spirit:
The third time he said to him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?"
Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?"
He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you."
Jesus said, "Feed my sheep." --John 21:17
When Jesus talks about feeding the sheep, he is not talking about literal food or sheep. The food is the spiritual food of God's Word and the we are the sheep. Though Jesus said this to Peter 2000 years ago, it's like God is saying to me now, "Grab your Bible and your girlfriends!" God has given me a passion to present women with the hope and instruction found in the Word of God. I am still figuring out just how I am supposed to be doing that, but I believe the Spirit is guiding me.

To this end, we will be introducing new ways to study God's Word together through online Bible Studies, small groups, and discipleship programs. We will be adding greater chances for interaction through our coming full-fledged web site and MySpace profile.

So grab your Bible and your girlfriends and let's go!

Love,

SaucySister

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are encouraged to discuss your responses to the topic.

However unauthorized solicitations (SPAM) will not be posted.